Monday, July 24, 2017

Drawing error correction: Standing poses

 
Sarah: 
how's the things going?? I’m your guide Sarah.

Gecka:
And I’m a PR officer Gecka.
Yes, it’s time for error corrections.

Sarah:
Who’s request is it for today?
Gecka:
Guess who? It’s someone you already know.
Again, it’s from Mr. Oimo, the potato man.

Sarah:
Now I remember that he’s sent us several items at one time.

Gecka:

Well. Don’t get me wrong, girl.
We have new request.
I saw one when I checked our inbox a couple of days ago.

Sarah:
You should have told me as soon as you got new request!

Gecka:
Sorry. I have to get my writing job done first.

Y’know, the timing of my mail check is when I post new column here.
It can take a couple of days for me to open the incoming emails after we receive it.
Sarah:
Oh no... 

Gecka:
Never mind.
Okay! Let’s begin today's correction.






Gecka:  
It’s an OC, An Original Character.


Sarah:
Kya! It’s a cute boy.

Gecka:
Now. Take a look at my first correction.

Gecka:
You guys probably already know what I’m doing in the first place.
Yes. I’m checking the proportion using the head-size height ratio.

Sarah:
Because six-heads-tall model and seven-heads-tall model give different impressions, right?

Gecka:
Very well. But that’s not all.
I highly recommend you to master this measurement of the head-size height ratio.
Once you get used to it, it helps reducing drawing errors very much.



Sarah:
It can prevent drawing mistakes! Great!
 
Gecka:
I know 7-heads-tall body is a standard stereotypical boring stuff.
Still, if you don’t meet this standard or not is super critical.

I used to draw background grid lines first.
Make sure to use the head-size height ratio until you master it.





Sarah:
Got it.
Gecka:
Folds and wrinkles vary depending on the kinds of fabric.
Depending on the stroke of your touch too.
Observe as much as you can when you have time.



Gecka:
About the thickness of legs.
Many people draw different sizes of legs carelessly.
Double check it before you draw, or you’ll have to realize your error
after you’ve done everything.


Sarah: 
That’s it for this time. 

Gecka:
I hope you enjoyed our segment!
Hey, feel free to send us your request for an error correction!
Sarah:
See you soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...