Thursday, February 16, 2017

#5!! eManga(Eletronic Manga)Know-How "How to use Drafting Paper"

Hi!!
I'm Hirogecka of WizComic creator/PR!!


Well well, after long time I'll update Manga Know-How!!

Today, I'm doing my best to explain!
Even though I can't type fast enough because of true parrots disturbance.
They are in the middle of matting season and constantly blasting love songs by my ears.

 

Once and for all, today's theme is "How to use Drafting Paper!!"



WizComic have our own drafting paper size.
You don't have to worry as long as you learn the basics of how to use this drafting paper!


Here it goes!!



Ha, hahaha, I apologize for unclear scanning!

On top of haven't been using for many years,
I'll explain using B5 size drafting paper
which used to be my elder sister's!


Even colors, normal scanning will only allow to scan very light.
This time, I have processed it to make colors heavier.


With recent digital boom, many people must have never used analog digital drafting paper.
That may be reason why many don't know how to use drafting paper.

Because, when you purchase drafting paper,
there is always kind and polite explanation in the back.(LOL)


This drafing paper is about JPY300, B5 in size with outer frame memory.

It's useless for those who use only digital.



So then, let's start explaining basics of how-to-use.





First basic frame, only pink parts will appear while printing.
Everythingelse is cut off.



That's why this frame is called the cutting part.
However, there are different kinds of this cutting part line depending on magazine.




Moreover
What happens if you draw sticking out from cutting part.

I'll explain using my illustration.


I added speeches to make it easier to understand.
Well, if you filled the entire page this way...


Only this part will actually appear.

So speech is cut off and can't be seen!!

 

And moreover!!

In order to post to magazines, binding books is necessary.
As a consequence of bookbinding, part called throat will be there in draft .
For that, there are spaces which may not appear after being printed.

As long as Manga is printed as magazine, it's usually drawn within inner frame.
If not necessary, it's generally drawn within inner frame.




Having said so, I didn't have to deal so much since most of my works were action stories.

(It was hardly in my intetion until I started working.)

An this is the throat




Well well, this may be difficult to understand.
I'll make image in facing pages, using previous illustration adding one more page.

In case you have made the draft using the entire page, not learning once again




So this is
what bookbinding draft looks like, after cutting part being cut off...



Can you understand...


Part which is drawn without realizing cutting part, is cut off and can't be seen.
Words written in throat side is hidden caused by bookbinding process.


If you don't draw within cutting part, important things can't be shown!


If you don't be careful with throat,
words as well as pictures can't be seen when bookbinding!


This is all.

However, there are things which you don't have to be careful with throat and cutting part as much.


That is


Web comic


Well well, I'd like to advertize our company, web comic company!!

 

WizComic is Manga magazine specializing in overseas market.



With SmartPhone popularity, we want to establish services in developing countries,
which you can freely read Manga in your SmartPhone.

Creators don't have to learn English.
Translators will surely translate.


You can draw Manga and realize debut overseas.
You can also widen your range of work in Manga and drawing.


Won't you post your Manga in WizComic?


Awating for you!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...