Monday, June 26, 2017

An illustrator interview (with Akasaka Yosora)

Sarah:
Hi dear my friends! What’s up? Your guide Sarah here!

Yosora:
Hello there, I’m Yosora Akasaka.

Sarah:
Today, I’m going to feature an interview with one of our Mangakas
Yosora Akasaka, the author of  “4MIX”!
We’ve covered 4MIX before so check it out to refresh your memory.
http://wizcomic-official-blogg.blogspot.jp/2016/11/introducing-manga4mix.html
So!
Nice to have you here.


Yosora:
Thank you for having me.


Sarah:
The story begins with a question “What if there’s no extracurricular activities you want to join in your school? ...I’ll simply make one for myself.”
The main character is a BUG lover. Other club members practice Aiki, Traditional tea ceremony, reading... they all practice different things.


Yosora:
That’s right. Just one thing. It’s not Tea ceremony but Kimono dressing, to be exact.
The specialties based on my personal preferences...


Sarah:
OMG, am I mistaking it?! I’m terribly sorry.

BTW. Take a peek. A girl explains the bug lover girl about the secret of butterfly bows.






Sarah:
The main character of bug lover and the other girls with general feelings react differently.
Showing differences in values interests readers.


Yosora:
I’m sure there aren’t many bug lovers among girls.


Sarah:
I randomly picked a page from an episode that girls go kimono shop.
It’s a totally unknown world to me so even catching a glimpse got me excited. Pricey!


Yosora:
And professional sales ladies are super persuasive.


Sarah:
So smooth. They swiftly put the girl kimono on just like magic ignoring the fact she's embarrassed.
I guess shop staffs do things alright. No complaints.
Now their lively smiling faces are a little bit creepy to me.



Gecka:
You wear kimono-ish dress too, huh? Where’d you get that anyway?
BTW, I’ll run away quickly when I see sales people coming to me when I go shopping.



Sarah:
Hey Gecka! You’re here too?


Gecka:
Actually, I wanted to say hi because I love this manga.
Hi. I’m Gecka. Nice to see you! I love your manga!



Sarah:
So you’re autograph seeker or what?
If you’re here to ask her for shaking hands? Don't interrupt.

Go back to your place.


Gecka:
Alright then. Bye. *Hmph*.

 

Sarah:
Sorry about the interruption. Let’s cut to the chase.
Could you tell us more about your manga? The highlight, something you particularly focusing on, future story etc.?



Yosora:
I hope for readers to have just a single moment of letting out a chuckle every episode.
I’m planning to reveal characters and private lives of those girls little by little.



Sarah:
I’ll look forward to it.
Thank for very much responding our interview offer.
We Wiz Comics wish you continued success in the future.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...